• Become more aware of your surroundings
• Recognize the warning signs associated with potential violence
• Prepare for such an event by being “proactively reactionary”
• Evaluate an active shooter situation more quickly and efficiently
• Decide and take the best action necessary for your survival
• Dominate the attacker, if necessary, using a kill or be killed mentality
• Navigate the chaos that comes after the event, and
• Train family, friends, and coworkers how to do the
A.L.I.V.E. stands for Assess, Leave, Impede, Violence, and Expose. Developed by safety expert and owner of MPS Security & Protection, Michael Julian, the A.L.I.V.E. Active Shooter Survival Training Program teaches participants the specific responses that, when followed, can help inhibit an active shooter from inflicting further mass harm.
Additionally, when presented in-person by an A.L.I.V.E. Active Shooter Survival Training Instructor, participants receive firsthand instruction about how to respond if ever face-to-face with an active shooter. This type of setting also provides immediate access to a professional with a thorough understanding of these tragic incidents.
Supplemented with images and videos, the A.L.I.V.E. Certified Instructor provides a realistic, eye-opening overview of active shooter incidents, enabling participants to effect a more favorable response.
After engaging in an in-person A.L.I.V.E. presentation, participants will be better able to:
Those who receive A.L.I.V.E. Active Shooter Survival Training are also better prepared to help train and instruct other employees – whether those who were unable to attend the initial training session or future staff – ensuring that everyone is on the same page if an active shooter event arises. This alone can increase survival odds by working as a cohesive team in which everyone knows what to do (and does it without the need for discussion) speeds the active shooter response.