About the Author
Michael Julian is the creator the A.L.I.V.E. Active Shooter Survival Training Program and CEO/President of MPS Security & Protection, a division of National Business Investigations, Inc., founded in 1967 by his father. The company provides corporate executive protection, threat and risk mitigation, and security.
Michael is licensed in multiple states as a Private Investigator and Security Professional, is a graduate of the Executive Protection Institute and Executive Security International, and Board Director or member of several national and international security associations. His security training includes behavioral threat assessment, active shooter survival, executive and asset protection, self-defense, defensive and evasive driving, close protection, aviation security, protective surveillance and counter surveillance, and covert protection. Besides Active Shooter, he teaches training courses in Executive and Asset Protection.
In 2014 Michael created A.L.I.V.E. and began teaching his Active Shooter Survival philosophy throughout the United States. His book on the subject, 10 Minutes to Live: Surviving an Active Shooter Using A.L.I.V.E. was published in 2017 and the online version of the A.L.I.V.E. Training Program was launched in 2019 and is now part of the corporate security training program for companies throughout the world.
In mid-2019 the first A.L.I.V.E. Instructor Certification Course was held in Southern California, creating several new, qualified instructors to present the program. Michael is now a keynote speaker at conferences, but still teaches the course to select businesses, public utilities agencies, medical and educational institutions throughout the world.In this Survival Manual, 10 Minutes to Live: Surviving an Active Shooter Using A.L.I.V.E., Julian shows you how to:
- Become more aware of your surroundings,
- Prepare for such an event by being “proactively reactionary”,
- Evaluate an active shooter situation more quickly and efficiently,
- Decide and take the best action necessary for your survival,
- Dominate the attacker, if necessary, using a kill or be killed mentality,
- Navigate the chaos that comes after the event, and
- Train family, friends, and coworkers how to do the same.
Julian’s insight in his Active Shooter Book help you prepare for the worst. This survival guide alone could be the difference between life and death in the face of a horrific and possibly deadly situation.
Survival Guide Product details
- Paperback: 168 pages
- Publisher: 10 Minutes To Live; first edition (January 18, 2018)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0692992197
- ISBN-13: 978-0692992197
- Product Dimensions: 5.5 x 0.4 x 8.5 inches
- Shipping Weight: 9.8 ounces